Catherine Boyd Violinist

Monday, October 7, 2013

7/13/13 (Friday the 13th) Beach Wedding in Ocean City, NJ

I know, I know. I need to keep up more with this blog. I'll write another post coming today, with a short video and a bunch of Pinterest links. 

Sometimes a wedding is so precious to me that I don't even know what to say. This is one of them.

First of all, Donna and Ryan wanted 80s music for their ceremony. So right there, we've already got a party going on. Secondly, it was on Friday the 13th, and they really played up the theme (I saw some custom-made Jason hockey mask wooden jewelry). Thirdly, Donna really did something very special for me, which I'll mention again at the end.

Here's the song list:

Prelude music: 
Footloose
Bohemian Rhapsody
Vogue

Arrival of officiant: Keep Your Hands to Yourself by the Georgia Satellites 
Groom's Processional: Somewhere in Time
Bridal Processional: Jersey Girl
Medley during readings: 
True Colors/Islands in the Stream

Recessional, cue intro guitar riff at actual kiss: Prince's "Kiss"

Post-ceremony dance on the beach: You're My Best Friend by Queen

Killer, right? Here are a couple of photos of the wedding:

The officiant dances during prelude.


Congratulations, Donna and Ryan!

I told Donna about my own wedding in May 2009, how I ordered a bunch of antique handkerchiefs. One of them had blue embroidery on it, so I carried it during the ceremony and reception and was very sentimentally attached to it. I must have put it down and the catering staff must have thrown it away, because it was missing at the end of the night. When Donna met me, she gave me another antique handkerchief with embroidered raised blue flowers. Even as I type this, I'm in tears. Donna, I carry this handkerchief with me everywhere I go (it's a little wrinkled because it lives in my handbag); I feel that it's even better than the one I lost, and that it carries good luck and the joy of everything that's good in my life. Because it's from you.

Love,
Catherine

Love, in the form of a well-worn handkerchief.
(P.S. - From Donna, here's Bohemian Rhapsody on the beach:




No comments:

Post a Comment